Join us for the 6th Annual Kennedy Street Festival on June 22nd!
The 6th Annual Kennedy Street Festival is happening on June 22nd from 12-4pm in parking lots and in front of businesses along the the 300-800 blocks of Kennedy Street NW, with hubs of activity at 716, 608 & 308 Kennedy Street NW.
Started in 2014 by the Kennedy Street Development Corporation, this annual celebration brings recognition to vibrant small business community located on Kennedy Street.
This year's event will feature over 40 local makers, artisans and community-based organizations as well as four hours of performances by local musicians! Activities for children, including face painting, music and over-sized games will be available all day. We also look forward to hosting our annual raffle (tickets can be purchased in advance online), a pop up art gallery, a photo booth, and the annual water balloon fight!
Schedule of Events
Patrick’s Pet Care Community Stage (608 Kennedy Street NW)
12:20 PM Sara Ghebrimichael
1:00 PM Remarks from Mayor Bowser, Councilmember Todd
& Uptown Main Street Chairman of the Board
1:30 PM DMV 910
2:30 PM Robert Ax & On the One Band
3:20 PM The JoGo Project
4:00 PM Raffle Announcement
4:10 PM Water Balloon Fight
(sponsored by Johnson & Jenkins Funeral Home)
Vassar Broermann Group Community Stage (716 Kennedy Street NW)
12:00 PM New Sewell Music Conservatory
12:45 PM Fusion Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps
1:15 PM DJ Zach Pleasant
3:00 PM New Sewell Music Conservatory
3:35 PM Salvatore Gonzalez
Andrene’s Soul Food & Caribbean Cafe (308 Kennedy Street NW)
12:00 - 4:00 PM Drummers, Dancers, Raffle & DJ
Special Activities (Sites throughout Kennedy Street)
This year we’ve partnered with local businesses and artists to present special activities throughout our corridor. From photo booths to pop up art installations, we invite you to #WalkUptown and discover something new!
Pop Up Art Gallery (715 Kennedy Street NW)
(sponsored by Walmart Supercenter on Georgia Avenue)
Photo Booth (600 Kennedy Street NW)
(sponsored by Horton’s Funeral Home)
Raffle (608 Kennedy Street NW - Site #1)
(sponsored by Petworth News)
Mobile T-Shirt Printing (608 Kennedy Street NW - Site #1)
(sponsored by Mayor Muriel Bowser)
Terrarium Making (703 Kennedy Street NW)
ANC 4D Kids Activity Hub (504 Kennedy Street NW)
At our Kids Activity Area, we’ll have fun for all ages. Stop by to get your face painted, make a special craft or meet with our two vendors (National Center for Children & Families & Breathing Space DC).
12:00 - 4:00 PM
Facepainting, Crafts & Coloring Sheets
(sponsored by Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner Palmer, Kennedy Street Development Corporation & Blandi’s CLC)
1:30 PM Kids Yoga Demo
(sponsored by Breathing Space DC)
3:00 - 4:00 PM Magic Show & Balloon Animals
(sponsored by the National Center for Children & Families)
Kennedy Street Festival Raffle - Get Your Tickets Today!
Raffle tickets for unique business experiences and discounts at local restaurants can be purchased in advance through Eventbrite (bit.ly/kennedystreetfest) for our annual festival raffle.
- Yoga Heights 5-Class Pass ($85 value)
- Cheesemonster Studio gift card ($25 value)
- Andrene's Soul Food & Caribbean Cafe gift card ($25 value)
- HR Records gift card ($50 value)
- L'Enfant Flowers gift card ($30 value)
- BBQ Bus Smokehouse gift card ($25 value)
- Loyalty Books gift card ($25 value)
- Uptown Main Street Taste of Uptown Passes ($80 value)
- Kennedy Street Poster from Victory Dance Creative ($20 value)
- Jackie Lee's gift card ($20 value)
- Lost Sock Roasters Coffee + Mug ($20 value)
- Lighthouse Yoga Class Pass ($25 value)
- Moreland's Tavern gift card ($25 value)
- Kennedy Counseling Collective self-care consultation ($80 value)
- Capitol Bikeshare 1 Year Membership ($85 value)
- Tranquil Treasures Styling Session ($75 value)
- Tranquil Treasurers Weekender Tote ($75 value)
- Lost and Found Bar gift card ($25 value)
- Free State Bar gift card ($25 value)
- Craft Beer Gift Basket ($25 value)
- ANXO Cider gift card ($50 value)
- 2 Tickets to a DC Sporting Event ($75 value)
1 for $5
3 for $10
7 for $20
All proceeds help support the work of Uptown Main Street and are directly reinvested into our programming.
*Please note that attendees must visit the welcome tent at the 608 Kennedy Street lot to pick up your tickets but prizes may be claimed after the event! Be sure to add your contact information to your raffle ticket!
Getting to Kennedy Street NW
Kennedy Street NW is well serviced by public transit (bus stops are listed above) and offers plentiful bike parking. Free two hour street parking is available on Kennedy Street, as well as the all adjacent side-streets. Ride-sharing services also service our community and provide another option for guests.
We anticipate that parking will be limited the day of the festival. Festival attendees are encouraged to walk to the festival or take public transit if possible.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Silver Level Sponsors:
- Community Alliance For Upper Fourteenth Street (CAUFS)
- Twist and Turns Body Fitness
- Dance Loft on 14
- Soup Up DC
- BBQ Bus Smokehouse & Catering
- Library Tavern DC
- Councilmember Brandon T. Todd
- New Sewell Music Conservatory
- City Blossoms
Bronze Level/Non-Profit & Gov't Sponsors:
- L. S. Caldwell & Associates, Inc.
- DC Sustainable Energy Utility
- Kennedy Counseling Collective
- Lighthouse Yoga Center
- We are Savvy Media
- Roots Public Charter School
- City Kids Wilderness Project
- Cheesemonster Studio
- L'Enfant Flower Shop & Café
- HR Records
- Moreland's Tavern
- Elissa Silverman
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District
- Petworth Printing
- Volunteers of America Chesapeake
- Pointless Theatre Co.
- DMV Black Restaurant Week
- La Coop Coffee
- Taqueria Distrito Federal
- DC Mayor's Office on Latino Affairs
- Kennedy Street Development Corporation
Platinum Level Sponsors:
- DC Department of Small and Local Business Development
- Vassar Broermann Group
- Andrene's Soul Food & Caribbean Café
- R.N. Horton's Funeral Service
- Johnson & Jenkins Funeral Home
- Walmart Supercenter Washington DC - 5929 Georgia NW
- Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4D
- Patrick's Pet Care
- Mayor Bowser
- Petworth News
Gold Level Sponsors:
- Andrews Federal Credit Union
- Justin Noble, Realtor
- Kirth Bobb Photography
- Zach Pleasant & Melissa Bloomer
- Eddie Suarez - TTR Sotheby's International Realty
- ANXO Cidery & Tasting Room
- Mirror Image Builders
- Washington Gas
- 3 Stars Brewing Company
- Trent & Co.